Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Screw the Skinny, I Just Want to Live Forever and Be Healthy!

So I've been "bigger" for as long as I can remember. I was usually the tallest in all my elementary classes and my belly was protruding with (what I was at one point convinced) a watermelon, that was growing in there be cause I swallowed a seed. Since then I began noticing that I was gaining 10lbs every year.


  I, definitely, was not that kid who was afraid of veggies, I LOVED THEM!  But, I loved most food. I would give everything a chance.  Salad bars, were among my favorite places for food when we went out, and if I could I would get one every time we went some where.

My mother and I, when I was really little and before her surgery


            Growing up, it was mainly my mother and I.  When I was in third grade, I was terrified because my mom got the surgery where they go in and make your actual stomach smaller. (the gastric band or something like that)  I thought she wouldn't be my same mom who made the best pillow in the world!


My Litter sister and my mom, 11 years after her surgery.
           

              I've never seen my mother more happy though, be cause even now she has managed to lose over a hundred pounds and keep it off. Even just over a decade later, my mom looks amazing, and is such a giant inspiration.  Although, I'm too scared to get surgery, I know there are ways for me to achieve a healthier way of living.

My Before (247 lbs. 5'7")

My Before (247 lbs. 5'7")
    Regardless of what happens when a person passes, I don't like the idea of not being able to do everything I do now, I want to ride around with my grandma all day, I want to cook dinner and watch married with children with my fiance.  I want a life, I want to succeed and be able to comfortably take care of my family. I want to see my great great grandchildren. My life goals.


 My plan is to eat real food, no buying junk. There are ways to make the junk better for you or alternatives. I will eat as many natural and low processed foods possible.  I will avoid fast food that is terrible,(i have a working brain that says salads and grilled chicken are oooookkkkkkk).  I already don't drink dark pops at all, and rarely drink the clear ones so giving that up will be easy.  I will drink half my weight in ounces of water a day. and I will work out at LEAST 5 days a week. My weekly grocery bill will be under $100, and I will have enough food to feed my fiance and I, with leftovers.

       I'm only 20, trying to get back to finish school, but get a job first. Wait...... How am I supposed to afford this $200 diet plan to get healthy so I can live to do it all? I am going on a life long journey to be not only healthier but happier that I can do it all whilst living frugally and dealing my love of DIY.

No comments:

Post a Comment