Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Aboslute Best Pulled Pork Recipe

So my crock pot bit the dust a while ago, and I felt it was about time for a new one.  I went to target and got the cutest damask print crock pot for around $15.  Completely stoked, and the conversation of pulled pork in the office. I decided to christen my crock pot with one of my fiance's favorite meals.
Isn't that the cutest Slow Cooker ever!


 Never before making pulled pork, actually I never even tried it before I met him, I wanted to try my hand at it.   It was one of those moments where he turned to me and said, "this is one of the main reasons I'm marrying you." But he says that every time I cook something AWESOME.



Ingredients:
  • 1 jug of apple juice
  • cinnamon
  • brown sugar
  • 5 lbs. center cut pork roast
  • 2 bottles of BBQ sauce
Directions:
  1. Add apple juice, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a crock pot.  stir
  2. Add the pork roast and cook on low for 10 hrs (or high for 6)
  3. Once pork falls apart with just a fork, drain liquid.
  4. Using two forks, pull the pork apart until completely shredded.
  5. Once shredded, add one bottle of BBQ sauce with a bit of brown sugar, mix.
  6. Cook on low for 2 hours
  7. Finally, add BBQ sauce to taste place on a sandwich and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. Ivd heard of making it with root beer too

    ReplyDelete